Turn on Your Cells’ Electricity with Electrolytes!
You’ve heard about electrolytes. They supposedly are in your Gatorade, Vitamin Water and energy drinks. But, really, are they doing you any good? Energy drinks such as Gatorade not only have sugar or High Fructose corn syrup to counteract and diminish any benefit from the electrolytes and vitamins added into the drink, but they have so little added in to make any sort of difference.
An Electrolyte is an “Electrically-charged mineral” whose job is to:
- Maintain Fluid between the Cells. Allows fluid to travel in and out of the cell through the Sodium-potassium electrical pump. An imbalance of potassium and sodium can cause fluid retention.
- Hydrate the body
- Help Conduct Nerve Impulses
- Facilitate Muscle Contractions and Relaxation
- Control pH
There are four main Electrolytes the body needs: Potassium, Sodium, Calcium, and Magnesium.
There needs to be a balance between the four of them for the cells to work properly. In fact, a deficiency in one may be caused by a deficiency or abundance of another and not necessarily due to a lack of intake of that specific electrolyte. For instance, there is something called the “Potassium-Sodium Pump”, which balances the two inside and outside of the cell wall. Furthermore, Calcium is known to “constrict” while Magnesium “relaxes”. Therefore, it is really important to take the right ratio of those two.
1. Magnesium is involved in over 300 functions in the body including blood pressure, sleep, and muscle spasms. It helps relax the muscles, sleep, and relax the Central Nervous System. It is very important for calcium absorption. Because of soil depletion, almost everybody is deficient in magnesium.
2. Calcium is involved in the “communication” between cells, muscles, and nervous system. Too much calcium in the cells without magnesium to “mobilize” the calcium can cause kidney stones, gallstones, high blood pressure, hardening of the arteries, diabetes, tartar on teeth, stiffness in joints, arthritis, tendonitis, and cancer among other issues. You need Vitamin D, Vitamin K2, Omega 3, and Magnesium to ensure the proper absorption and use of calcium in the body.
3. Sodium is necessary for survival. You need about 1,000 mg a day. You need it to regulate your heart and fluid throughout the body. You want to reach for Himalayan or Sea Salt, not table salt.
If you are on a Ketogenic diet (Low carb, High Fat), your kidneys let go of sodium and your other electrolytes as you lose water weight and fat weight.
4. Potassium is a mineral and and electrolyte, and is essential for your cells, tissues, and organs to function properly. It plays a vital role in heart health, digestive, muscular function, bone health, and more. It regulates the rhythm of the heart.
While potassium is found in many foods commonly consumed in the US, only 2 percent of US adults get the recommended daily amount of 4,700 milligrams (mg). We need about 4 times the amount of potassium as we do sodium, and most people take in much more sodium than potassium.
This is especially problematic because potassium is a nutrient that needs to be kept in proper balance with sodium in your blood. If you consume too much sodium, while eating a lot of processed foods or a diet high in carbs, you’ll have an increased need for potassium.
The most important electrolyte is Potassium.
What are signs you might be low in Electrolytes?
Low Potassium can cause:
- Sugar cravings
- High Insulin Levels
- Abnormal Heart Beat
- High Blood Pressure
- Muscle Weakness
Low Magnesium can cause:
- Weak muscles
- Hyper Irritability
- Irregular Heart Beat
- Memory and Learning Issues
Low Calcium can cause:
- Cramping in legs and feet
- Irritability and twitching
- Chronic cough
- Depression or can’t sleep
Low Sodium can cause:
- Headache and Fatigue
- Appetite Loss, Nausea
- Fuzzy thinking
Your answer to Low Electrolytes? OLA LOA
Ola Loa ENERGY is a delicious all-natural effervescent multi-vitamin-mineral-amino powder that provides quick recovery for stress, sports and the rigors of daily life. It is the first multivitamin-mineral-amino acid supplement to combine advanced nutrition research into a convenient “drink your vitamins” delivery system. Ola Loa ENERGY is recommended as a once a day multi-vitamin, great for natural energy production and anti-oxidant protection. Providing hard to get nutrients like TMG, NAC and CoQ10, plus vitamins A through K, 1000 mg of Vitamin C, 90 mineral complexes and 6 amino acids, Ola Loa’s nutrients are pleasing to taste and provide almost instant benefits.
Ola Loa ENERGY is the single most powerful supplement available today for the control of homocysteine and to support methylation. Developed by Dr. Richard Kunin, its exclusive formula provides gram doses of vitamin C, glycine, and betaine (aka TMG) along with synergistic co-factors, coenzyme Q10 and acetylcysteine. Nutrient synergism is further enhanced by arginine, lysine, selenium, chromium and, of course, folic acid and hydroxycobalamin, which serve to methylate homocysteine, which thus is converted into methionine, an essential amino acid.
The Benefits of Ola Loa:
- 36 Nutrients
- Antioxidant & Antiviral support
- Diabetic Safe
- 67% less sugar than EmergenC
- Double the nutrition of Oxylent
- All Natural
- Stimulant Free
- Replaces a handful of pills
- So gentle can be taken on an empty stomach, with or without food
- The only complete Methylation support product on the market
- The only vitamin drink with Hydroxy B12, the best B12 which preferentially enters the cell, better than Methyl B12
- Provides Electrolytes and Osmolytes for better hydration
- Produces intracellular creatine, carnitine, CoQ10, calmodulin and SAMe
- Lowers Homocysteine, even when B12 and Folate fail
- Tastes Great!
This nutritional supplement is also a must-have while following a Ketogenic Diet. When your body first gets into Ketosis, it loses fat and water and with that, you lose some minerals like potassium, sodium and magnesium. The electrolytes in Ola Loa help improve the alkalinity in the body.