Turn on Your Cells’ Electricity with Electrolytes!
You’ve heard about electrolytes. They supposedly are in your Gatorade, Vitamin Water and energy drinks. But, really, are they doing you any good? Energy drinks such as Gatorade not only have sugar or High Fructose corn syrup to counteract and diminish any benefit from the electrolytes and vitamins added into the drink, but they have so little added in to make any sort of difference.
An Electrolyte is an “Electrically-charged mineral” whose job is to:
- Maintain Fluid between the Cells. Allows fluid to travel in and out of the cell through the Sodium-potassium electrical pump. An imbalance of potassium and sodium can cause fluid retention.
- Hydrate the body
- Help Conduct Nerve Impulses
- Facilitate Muscle Contractions and Relaxation
- Control pH
There are four main Electrolytes the body needs: Potassium, Sodium, Calcium, and Magnesium.
There needs to be a balance between the four of them for the cells to work properly. In fact, a deficiency in one may be caused by a deficiency or abundance of another and not necessarily due to a lack of intake of that specific electrolyte. For instance, there is something called the “Potassium-Sodium Pump”, which balances the two inside and outside of the cell wall. Furthermore, Calcium is known to “constrict” while Magnesium “relaxes”. Therefore, it is really important to take the right ratio of those two.
1. Magnesium is involved in over 300 functions in the body including blood pressure, sleep, and muscle spasms. It helps relax the muscles, sleep, and relax the Central Nervous System. It is very important for calcium absorption. Because of soil depletion, almost everybody is deficient in magnesium.
2. Calcium is involved in the “communication” between cells, muscles, and nervous system. Too much calcium in the cells without magnesium to “mobilize” the calcium can cause kidney stones, gallstones, high blood pressure, hardening of the arteries, diabetes, tartar on teeth, stiffness in joints, arthritis, tendonitis, and cancer among other issues. You need Vitamin D, Vitamin K2, Omega 3, and Magnesium to ensure the proper absorption and use of calcium in the body.
3. Sodium is necessary for survival. You need about 1,000 mg a day. You need it to regulate your heart and fluid throughout the body. You want to reach for Himalayan or Sea Salt, not table salt.
If you are on a Ketogenic diet (Low carb, High Fat), your kidneys let go of sodium and your other electrolytes as you lose water weight and fat weight.
4. Potassium is a mineral and and electrolyte, and is essential for your cells, tissues, and organs to function properly. It plays a vital role in heart health, digestive, muscular function, bone health, and more. It regulates the rhythm of the heart.
While potassium is found in many foods commonly consumed in the US, only 2 percent of US adults get the recommended daily amount of 4,700 milligrams (mg). We need about 4 times the amount of potassium as we do sodium, and most people take in much more sodium than potassium.
This is especially problematic because potassium is a nutrient that needs to be kept in proper balance with sodium in your blood. If you consume too much sodium, while eating a lot of processed foods or a diet high in carbs, you’ll have an increased need for potassium.
The most important electrolyte is Potassium.
What are signs you might be low in Electrolytes?
Low Potassium can cause:
- Sugar cravings
- High Insulin Levels
- Abnormal Heart Beat
- High Blood Pressure
- Muscle Weakness
Low Magnesium can cause:
- Weak muscles
- Hyper Irritability
- Irregular Heart Beat
- Memory and Learning Issues
Low Calcium can cause:
- Cramping in legs and feet
- Irritability and twitching
- Chronic cough
- Depression or can’t sleep
Low Sodium can cause:
- Headache and Fatigue
- Appetite Loss, Nausea
- Fuzzy thinking
Your answer to Low Electrolytes? OXYLENT
Oxylent is an incredible immune booster, providing 1000mg of Vitamin C, 1000 IU of Vitamin D3 and 100% daily value of Zinc plus over a dozen other immune supporting ingredients!
Now available in Packets or Canisters!
Instead of swallowing pills or tablets, add Oxylent to water and enjoy a sparkling drink that delivers vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, amino acids, and antioxidants with easy absorption.
- Superior multivitamin/mineral content, with a full spectrum of essential nutrients
- Unsurpassed antioxidant power
- Optimum bioavailability
- Science-backed ingredients of superior quality
- No Sugar! Sweetened with pure stevia
- No gluten, dairy, soy, caffeine, or anything artificial
This nutritional supplement is also a must-have while following a Ketogenic Diet. When your body first gets into Ketosis, it loses fat and water and with that, you lose some minerals like potassium, sodium and magnesium. The electrolytes in Oxylent help improve the alkalinity in the body, and it tastes great when mixed in with Keto Shake.