- Helps to stop sugar cravings
- Maintains healthy blood sugar level without causing hyperglycemia
- Helps to activate the insulin already produced in the body, provides energy, overcomes weakness and maintains optimum body weight
- A pancreatic tonic
- Helps to clean the blood
HerbsForever Gluco Health
An herbal blood sugar support formula that maintains healthy blood sugar levels without causing hyperglycemia
Herbsforever is an American based ayurvedic herbal company. Their products include herbal blends as well as single herb formulations of the highest quality, which are effective in treating a variety of ailments.
High quality extracts of herbs from their natural habitats are used according to their quality and potency without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides or preservatives. Wild Crafted Herbs are more potent and effective than Cultivated Herbs.
- Gurmar (Gymnema Sylvestre) – Helps reduce Glycosuria (appearance of carbohydrates in urine) and obesity; has been used in India for more than 2000 years as a healthy and nutritious supplement for diabetics; regular use helps to keep blood sugar level within acceptable limits; suppresses the desire for sugar; useful in both insulin-dependent diabetes and in non-insulin-dependent diabetes.
- Karela (Momordica Charantia) – Reduces blood sugar level effectively; activates the inactive insulin present in the blood; balances glucose levels without causing hypoglycemia; reduces cholesterol levels; provides a feeling of normalcy to the Diabetic patient; eliminates pain and inflammation of the joints, and increases immunity.
- Neem (Azadirachta Indica) – Possesses Anti-Diabetic, Antibacterial, Anticancer, Anti-Inflammatory, Anti-oxidative, Anthelmintic properties; boosts the immune system while helping the body fight infections; heals chronic skin diseases that often fail to respond to other treatments; has been scientifically tested for its ability to reduce Blood Pressure, Blood Clots, and Cholesterol Levels; a powerful blood purifier and detoxifier.
- Amla (Emblica Officinalis) – Contains the highest amount of Vitamin C in natural form. It is cooling, reduces thirst, is diuretic, and helps control blood pressure. It has anti-oxidative and resistance-building properties. Its antibacterial and astringent property prevents infection and helps in the healing of ulcers.
- Jambul (Eugenia Jambolana) – Used as a carminative, diuretic and anti-diabetic; is said to have the power of checking the pathological conversion of starch into sugar in cases of increased production of glucose; diminishes the quantity of sugar in urine and allays the unquenchable thirst caused by diabetes.
- Bijasar (Pterocarpus Marsupium) – A remarkable herb which according to a scientific research (Study published in the Lancet issue 1981 pg. 759) has actually shown to regenerate Beta cells of the Islets of Langerhans of the pancreas which are functional in nature and responsible for the production of insulin. It restores the normal insulin production of pancreas and stabilizes the normal sugar levels by hindering the absorption of glucose in the intestine.
- Giloy (Tinospora Cordifolia) – Long known in Ayurveda as a tonic, vitalizer and a remedy for diabetes and metabolic disorders. It has been used to reduce blood glucose level, improve immune system and the body’s resistance against infections. It is diuretic and antibacterial.
- Methi (Trigonella Foenum-Graecum) – Anti-Diabetic, Lowers Serum Cholesterol and Sugar levels in the blood; Absorbs toxins; also delays the glucose absorption by the intestine, thereby reducing the after meals glucose peak level. Its Aromatic, Carminative property helps in the digestion of other herbs.
- Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera) – Provides energy to diabetics.
- Shilajit (Asphaltum, Mineral Pitch) – Used for counteracting diabetes by regulating blood sugar levels; Improves pancreatic function; Purifies the blood, improves metabolism; reduces tiredness and thirst; a powerful rejuvenator. It controls blood sugar stabilization and urinary tract and kidney rejuvenation; supports the immune system and helps in obesity and hypertension; high in naturally occurring minerals and elements; nature’s original organic colloidal multi-mineral supplement with self-assimilation qualities. It amplifies the benefits of other herbs by enhancing their bioavailability. It helps transport nutrients deep into the tissue and removes deep-seated toxins.
- Bimbi (Coccinia Indica) – The bitter variety of Bimbi is extensively helpful in diabetes.
- Saptaranbgi (Salacia Oblonga) – The bark of this tree is extensively used in controlling diabetes.
Why Gluco Health?
Diabetes is a disorder in which the body is unable to control the use of sugar as a source of energy. When Carbohydrates (contained in sugar and starches) are digested, they are absorbed into the blood as glucose. Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas is released in the blood stream when the level of the glucose rises and the hormone Insulin enables glucose to be stored and used in the tissues. In diabetic patients, either there is insufficient insulin or no insulin. Thus glucose, which is not used in the body, gets accumulated in the blood and eventually passes in the urine (Glycosuria). The symptoms include frequent passing of large quantities of urine, unexplained loss of weight, Feeling of tiredness and weakness. It can also precipitate high blood pressure, heart attack and may eventually paralyze the kidneys. Eyesight may also get affected. The worst part is that there is no cure for this disease with science today.
Even though modern science claims their is no cure for diabetes mellitus, according to Ayurveda, if treatment is given at the early stages, the person may be cured completely. But he or she has to control his diet. With a balanced diet that meets the nutritional needs of the person, along with some exercise, glucose levels remain under control. And in chronic cases, where the person is taking insulin, after a long treatment, he may not be dependent on insulin but may have to take oral/herbal medicine to keep glucose level under limits and regular blood tests and checkups. Chemicals (Allopathic Medicine) control the blood sugar level faster but fails to provide relief to other problems associated with the diabetes where as herbal remedies take time to show the improvement in disease (Blood glucose level) but provides maximum relief from the other ailments present with this disease. Sufferers feel more energetic and, in chronic cases where the sufferer is totally dependent on insulin, after long-term use can decrease his insulin intake.
The ancient Indian physicians described not only the sweetness of urine as one of the major symptoms but also the relationship of the disease with disturbance of the 5 sheaths of the body–Annamaya Kosha (Food Sheath), Pranamaya (Breathing techniques in Yoga), Kosha (Energy Sheath), Manomaya Kosha (Mind Sheath), Vijnana Maya Kosha (Intellectual Sheath) and Anandamaya Kosha (Bliss Sheath). All classical texts describe prameha. The word prameha derived from the root mih sechane meaning watering which means dilution of everything in the body.
The main causes of Prameha (Diabetes) are lack of exercise and improper food habits, Excess food intake which falls in the category of Ushna (Hot Property), Snigdha (Sticky) and Guru (Heavy) are the primal cause.
Foods that increase Kapha (Water), Meda (Fat) and Moothra (Urine) are the etiological factors for Prameha (Diabetes).
What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is the traditional medicine and natural healing system of India. Its foundation comes from the Vedic Era around 5000 years ago. Ayurveda is one of the most comprehensive healing systems in the world, dealing integrally with body, mind and spirit. Ayurveda has classified the body system according to the theory of Tridosha to overcome all ailments by eliminating the basic cause.
The basic objective of Ayurveda is to educate people on how to take care of their health themselves and increase longevity. One can achieve this goal by monitoring and balancing one’s nutritional diet and life style. This system is related to the soul, body & mind simultaneously.
Take as part of your diet 1 or 2 capsules with breakfast, 1 or 2 capsules 30 minutes before lunch and dinner. If necessary, take 1 or 2 capsules before bedtime and at least two hours after dinner. If blood sugar level is normal, reduce dose to 1 capsule two times a day. Do not discontinue your prescribed medication or insulin.
Important: Take as a part of your daily diet. Do not discontinue your prescribed medication or insulin. Use for a long time for better results. Pregnant and lactating women and children should take only under physician’s advice.
The time Gluco Health takes to work differs from person to person depending on the severity/conditions of the individual.
- Check your blood sugar level and record it. Start taking 1 or 2 capsules 3 or 4 times a day. In addition, continue to take your doctor’s anti-diabetic drug. After 30 days check your blood sugar level again, if it is below 150, consult your doctor for advice on reduction of your anti-diabetic drug. Follow your doctor’s advice.
- Continue the use of Gluco Health as stated above together with your allopathic anti-diabetic drug as prescribed by your doctor. After another month check your blood sugar level again, if it is reduced further consult your doctor for advice on a further reduction of anti-diabetic drug dosage.
- Continue taking Gluco Health plus your further reduced Allopathic anti-diabetic drug advised by your doctor and continue the cycle of medication, monthly check ups, while the doctor progressively reduces the Allopathic drug intake.
- It is advisable to continue the use of Gluco Health in reduced dose for a long period even if your blood sugar level remains normal. You may use two to three capsules per day for a long period.
- Persons both on insulin and oral drugs are advised to continue the use of Gluco Health.
- It is also advisable to use Gluco Health occasionally two or three times a day in reduced dose even if there is complete recovery because once a person has had high blood sugar levels, there are chances that it may go above than the normal healthy blood sugar level again due to various reasons. The long-term use of Gluco Health is completely safe.