Foods to Focus On That Rest Metabolism, Burn Fat, and Heal the Body & Intestinal Tract
DAILY FOOD PLAN:
WHEN YOU WAKE UP: If you drink coffee or tea, do as you normally do. Wait until you are hungry and mix KETO with Oxylent over ice and water in a blender. This is your breakfast.
WAIT TILL YOU ARE HUNGRY: Your first “meal” may not be till 11-3pm. The longer you wait, the more healing it is for your body. This is “Intermittent Fasting” — It gives your digestive system time to heal instead of constantly working at digesting food. Stick to Low carb foods, as listed below. An example would be green salad with full fat dressing, nuts, avocado and a little protein.
DINNER: LOW CARB AGAIN. ENJOY FULL FAT meats, avocado, cook with coconut oil, butter, olive oil. Use green veggies cooked in the healthy fats.
Important Note: If you are craving alcohol at Happy Hour, have a half serving of KETO with Lime La Croix and Lime. Tastes like a cocktail and it will kill the cravings for alcohol.
Important Note: Before you drink anything, look on the bottle. If it has calories, the calories are straight sugar/carbs. That is like putting an IV of cocaine into your blood! I would rather you eat a Snickers than a sugar drink. J
- Drinking spring or alkaline water with sliced lemon, or organic apple cider vinegar in it, with a little Nunaturals stevia if you would like. It tastes like a sweet apple juice!
- Oxylent. A flavored drink you can order through my website, which is full of vitamins and minerals, with no sugar and sooo yummy. It will start alkalizing your diet and replacing the minerals you have lost through your acidic diet. Mix it with your KETO for your breakfast.
- Ginger/lemon tea. (I like the Yogi brand) It helps with acid reflux and digestion
- Limit to 1 cup of coffee. This is making your acidity worse. If you have acid reflux, I would stay away from it totally if you can for a couple weeks. If not, coffee is great for keto.
- Mix with Oxylent over ice and water in a blender as your breakfast. Mix with La Croix flavored sparking water; with Lime and mint over crushed ice it is like a Mojito. Get creative! (You Can Order Keto Here.)
ORGANIC GREEN VEGETABLES:
The ones with (*) are SUPER FOODS & amazing for your health. So try to incorporate them as much as you can. J These should be your main focus throughout the day — about 80 percent of your “volume” intake. And they are a great “delivery system” for the healthy fats when cooked with coconut oil, MCT oil, butter, ghee, or olive oil.
Greens are alkalizing and will balance the acidity naturally. They are Low in Calories and Carbs. Feel free to add Olive Oil, or dressings.
- Cabbage (natural antibacterial)
- *Kale (extremely nutrient dense)
- *Beets (good for your liver)
- Cucumber (very cooling and anti-inflammatory; great to have for an easy snack
- Cilantro (cleansing for liver)
- Celery (choose only organic)
- *Broccoli (doesn’t need to be organic; steam & limit amount if makes you gassy)
- *Mushrooms (so good for the immune system— even if it is only one a day)
- Green beans
- Cauliflower (steam and limit amount if makes you gassy)
- Romaine, arugula, watercress
- Artichoke (helps with water retention)
- Seaweed (Raw SEA SNAX, from Mothers or Wholefoods, is my favorite; great for salads and soups! Loaded with fiber, protein, iodine for your thyroid/metabolism)
- Asparagus (doesn’t need to be organic; helps with water retention)
Important Note: Some veggies don’t need to be organic like broccoli, asparagus, onions.
Let me know if you want a complete list of the vegetables that don’t need to be organic. They are called the “Clean 15” if you want to Google them. They don’t have pesticides on them.
- Steaming veggies just 3-5 minutes will help with digestion.
- My favorite is chopping up an array of veggies, adding coconut or MCT oil to them, spreading them on a baking sheet, and roasting them at 425 degrees. I add Himalayan salt, pepper, and organic garlic and onion powder. At the end, I put on broil for 1-2 minutes to get crispy. YUM!
- Eating them raw and using full fat dips with them.
- I find it helpful to prepare a ton of veggies at once so they are available to grab when I am hungry… sliced and cut… then you aren’t tempted by the breads, snacks and sugar, etc.
Important Note: Good fats don’t make you fat! Good fats heal the body (the gut/intestinal tract, stress and brain issues) and are alkaline. Sugar and gluten make you fat and cause diseases to spread. We were taught the wrong things when we were growing up!
These fats should be 50-70 percent of your caloric intake:
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- MCT or XCT Oil
- Almond butter (choose organic)
- FAT BOMBS (google them!)
- Organic nut butter w/ no oil or sugar added.
- PILI Nuts (Extremely low carb healthy nuts—taste like butter and salt. My Family’s favorite!) Order Pili Nuts Here. Use coupon code SARABANTA at checkout & save 10% on your order!
Important Note: You actually don’t need as much protein on a KETOGENIC Diet as you do normally. Protein recycles in your body when in Ketosis.
- LYFE Fuel Daily Essentials Shake a plant-based super-food shake packed full of antioxidants, omega 3’s, organic greens as well as pre- and probiotics. (Use the GET COUPON CODE link here to get 20% off your order.)
- Organic chicken (thighs, skin, legs are all great for KETO)
- Eggs (organic —yolks included!)
- Organic/raw nuts (Pili nuts are my new favorite; very ketogenic)
- Wild fish
- NO PORK EVER (Full of parasites and bacteria, EXTREMELY ACIDIC. We don’t have the enzymes to break down pork)
- Red meat (If you do eat it, make sure it is grass fed and organic.)
Important Note: Fructose is the only sugar metabolized in the liver and stored directly as fat! It signals your body that you are MORE hungry than before.
- Limit to 15 grams of sugar a day. One apple has 13 grams!
- Best to focus on: Organic berries (no more than a cup); Grapefruit
- LESS THAN 20 grams of carbs/sugars for weight loss; 50 grams for maintenance.
- Focus on healthy fats, green veggies, and protein.
- If you have allergies, inflammation, or digestive issues, try for no dairy, gluten, corn and sugar for now. (Dairy, gluten, sugar, corn are the most common culprits to allergies/skin rashes/eczema/asthma and digestive issues.) After getting a baseline, you can start reintroducing them to your diet and see how you respond.
- Also ALCOHOL, COFFEE, PORK, BEEF, TRANSFATS OR PROCESSED FOODS ARE DETRIMENTAL FOR ACIDITY AND DAMAGE THE INTESTINAL TRACT. So, depending on your situation you may want to eliminate them temporarily.
- A great way to shop online for healthy Keto foods at a discount is Thrive Market.
- If you would like to download a printable version of these guidelines, click here.