How long does it take to get into Ketosis without the KETO supplement? And Is Ketosis Dangerous?
You have to remember you have been living your whole life fueled by glucose and sugar as your energy source. You are trying to switch over to a whole new system; from Gasoline for the Suburban to the Electricity for the Tesla. It won’t happen overnight. In fact, depending on how high your blood sugar is initially and where your Insulin Resistance level is, it can take up to 6 weeks. I have even heard of some who barely scratch the surface of ketosis after 3 months. Your body has to learn new metabolic pathways to burn fat and convert fat into Ketones. When you achieve that, you have become “KETO-Adapted”. Keto-Adapted is the process of shifting your metabolism from relying mostly on glucose for fuel to relying mostly on fat-based sources of fuel.
If you have heard that Ketosis is “Dangerous,” they are referring to Ketoacidosis, which is a serious complication of uncontrolled TYPE 1 diabetes that occurs when your body produces high levels of blood acids called ketones in conjunction with high levels of glucose. In a person without Type I Diabetes, Ketones and Glucose numbers go in the opposite direction. In other words, as your Ketones go up, your Blood Glucose Level comes down and visa versa.
The beauty of the KETO shake is that it is providing you with the Ketones (Beta-Hydroxybutyrate) directly and immediately. So, as KETO quickly puts you into Ketosis (within 30 minutes), your body is also learning to utilize ketones for energy and learning to burn your own fat for fuel. As you continue on, your system becomes much more efficient at switching into ketosis on its own and preferring fat for energy. With that, you see:
- Increased Fat Loss
- Improved Mental Clarity and Reduced Brain Fog
- Increased Lean Muscle and Athletic Performance
- Better Digestion and healing of the GUT
- Improved Hormonal balance and Increased Natural Human Growth Hormone
- Improved Mood with Naturally increased Serotonin and GABA in the Brain
- Reduced Free Radicals and Improved Anti-Aging Mechanisms in the Body
- Turns off the “Dis-Ease Genes” and Turns on the “Healing” Genes
- Helps reversed Neurological issues like Autism, Alzheimer’s, Dementia and ADHD
Why Do You Recommend Oxylent When In Ketosis?
Dehydration and Loss of Electrolytes. When you start the KETO Shake and detoxing your system, you lose water weight initially, as the kidneys let go of extra water and electrolytes (Your Kidneys retain water when on the Standard American Diet). So, the low energy is usually from not replenishing the needed electrolytes, mainly Magnesium, Potassium, and Sodium. This is why I strongly recommend you take Oxylent with the KETO to ensure you are getting the proper amount of Vitamins and Minerals. Also, the Accelerated Silver™ will help Oxygenate the Blood and Increase the Absorption of the nutrients to increase Energy more efficiently.
I started the KETO Shake and the Ketogenic Diet, and I feel nauseous and also am having stomach issues. What is going on?
You’re probably not maximizing the health benefits of ketosis if you’re unable to digest your fat. For those who have been following my recommendations of focusing on the GUT as the basis of your health, you know that digestion and assimilation are a key part in overall health. The Ketogenic diet does involve lots of healthy greens and more healthy fats than the typical diet. If you are not used to the higher level of fats (which is so common since we were all told to avoid FAT), you could be having a hard time breaking down the fats. To put it simply, if your body isn’t digesting the fats you eat, you’re not getting the most out of your diet and you could be suffering gastrointestinal distress, nausea, and diarrhea. Many keto programs recommend specific fat-digesting enzymes to take while on the diet to help your body process the large amounts of fat you’re going to eat. I do the same.
For diets like Keto, high in healthy fats and vegetables, you can improve your Digestion and Liver Health with:
1. Zymemax: ($26.99) Take these full-spectrum digestive enzymes, before or during meals, and as needed. ZymeMax is a digestive enzyme supplement with hydrochloric acid, pepsin and other natural ingredients to help maintain a healthy intestinal lining. 10 plant-based enzymes help digest a variety of foods (including proteins, carbohydrates and fats) and assist with nutrient absorption. Supplementing with lipase enzymes, found in this blend, can help your body to better break down fat, compensating where your pancreas may not produce enough lipase to accommodate a high-fat diet. Hydrochloric acid and pepsin work together in the stomach to help ensure complete protein digestion. Taken with meals, hydrochloric acid may also help relieve occasional heartburn. L-glutamine, N-acetyl- glucosamine and butyric acid are added to support and heal the intestinal lining.
2. Increasing bile flow in the liver to expedite fat digestion. The liver may be your body’s unsung hero; it has everything to do with how well you digest. Here are two supplements to support the liver:
Livrol Forte ($29.95) Provides the liver with a natural defense against environmental toxins and helps promote better digestion and assimilation of food. It also acts as a complete liver support formula with numerous applications while also supporting the gallbladder, digestion and colon. It is used in my Liver Flush protocol but can also be taken daily for Liver support without doing a Flush.
- Stimulates bile which ensures fats are digested properly and eliminated efficiently.
- Relieves pathogenic elements that contribute to acute gallbladder colic (cholecystalgia) and help dissolve gall stones (cholelithiasis).
- Relieves chronic gallbladder inflammation (cholecystitis) with indigestion, nausea, and discomfort in the flanks, epigastrium, or abdomen.
- Effective in preventing stones in the urinary system.
- According to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM): Clears stagnant liver qi, Clears damp heat from the liver and gallbladder, Moves the blood.
I Am Taking the KETO and Your Detox Bundle, and I Am Still Tired. What’s Going On?
Two things are usually the cause:
1. Adrenal Fatigue. If you have Adrenal Fatigue, it will take longer to get KETO-Adapted, meaning it will take longer for your body to create the “metabolic pathways” to burn fat easily. However, Keto and Silver both will help rebuild the Adrenals. Once the cells become more adapted to use fat for energy, and they don’t experience the Ups and Downs of being dependent on glucose for energy, there is less stress on the Adrenals. Therefore, when you become more “Fat-Adapted,” there is less stress on the Adrenals, and Both the Thyroid and Adrenals reset. The Adrenals control all hormones, including Estrogen, Testosterone, Progesterone, Cortisol (Stress Hormone), Human Growth Hormone, and Thyroid Hormone.
So, if you are experiencing Adrenal Fatigue, not only will you be tired, but you won’t be able to lose weight or get positive results until the Adrenals are restored. The quickest way to do so is through using KETO and Fasting, while resting the body.
2. Dehydration and Loss of Electrolytes. (See above question “Why Do I Recommend Oxylent When In Ketosis?” for more on this.)
Why Does My Blood Glucose Level Go Up and My Ketone Levels Go Down After Working Out? I Thought Exercise Was Good for Ketosis!
If you engage in High Intensity Workouts, such as Sprints, Power Lifting, or HIIT, your body searches for quick Energy, and the most readily available source of energy is the stored Glycogen in the liver. After the Glucose from the Liver is used up, the body will either “bonk” if it is not “KETO-Adapted” as it runs out of glucose stores, or it will start burning Fat-ketones for energy if it is KETO-Adapted.
KETO-Adapted refers to the body having “learned” how to burn Fat for Fuel and creating those Metabolic Pathways.
This is why many who are not KETO-Adapted feel the need to refuel during or immediately after a workout. High Intensity workouts can cause a temporary rise in blood sugar and a temporary drop in ketone level. That being said, if you were to test your ketone level a couple hours after the High Intensity workout, your Ketone Level should be higher and Glucose level should be lower.
On the other hand, during Low Intensity Workouts, such as walking or paddle boarding, the body uses Fat Ketones for fuel right away if it is Keto-Adapted. Therefore, the Blood Ketone Level may rise and the Blood Glucose level may fall. Blood Glucose levels and Ketone levels move in the opposite directions.
I Am a Vegan. Can I Still Do the KETO Shake?
YES!!! In fact, KETO makes it healthier to be a Vegan. When your body is on KETO and in Ketosis, you Recycle Protein and don’t require as much protein as you do on a typical Glucose-dependent diet. When you are dependent on Glucose for energy, and you run out of glucose, your body will start converting muscle tissue into glucose through a process called Gluconeogenesis. This is why people think it is important to consume protein shakes right after a workout. On the contrary, when you are in ketosis, you have an endless supply of body fat that your body will happily use for energy, while leaving your muscle tissue intact and growing.
You can get a sufficient amount through Vegan protein powders such as the LYFE Vegan Protein shake, hemp seeds, and other vegan protein sources on the YES list, and then focus on eating an array of non-starchy vegetables, nuts (such as Pili Nuts), and healthy fats (MCT oil, Coconut oil, Olive oil, avocados, ghee, etc). Many Vegans ironically are Insulin Resistant and Diabetic because of a Vegan diet that is high in natural sugar and gluten. I recommend any vegan to test their fasting blood sugar in the morning to make sure their sugars are in check.
When I Take KETO, How Much Fat Do I Need to Eat?
Short answer: Everyone is different. If you are not getting your results, you need to adjust it. Getting into Ketosis is less about the amount of Fat you are eating and more about the amount of Carbs you have in your diet. If you have a lot of weight to lose, you could fast for long periods of times, and your body would utilize the fat on your body as the “fat” in your diet. The goal is to keep your carbs less than 20-50 grams, depending on your activity and your goals; you want to keep your Protein to a moderate amount. With that being said, the only thing left is Fat. So depending on your need for caloric intake, you make up the missing calories with healthy Fat calories, coming from things like MCT Oil, Pili Nuts, Avocados, Coconut oil, and Olive Oil.