Wait, No Breakfast?
How many times have you been told you need to eat breakfast right when you wake up and follow that by eating every three hours to keep your blood sugar stable? What if I told you that actually waiting to eat breakfast until around 11 AM and giving your body’s digestive system rest and time to “heal” and reset its “Insulin Sensitivity” is anti-aging, helps with energy, aids in fat loss, and normalizes blood sugar? I am not saying eat less calories throughout the day, but just sandwich those calories into a shorter period of time and eat your “BREAK-FAST” a little later. This is called Intermittent Fasting.
Intermittent fasting can help you lose weight without feeling hunger, and help reduce your risk of chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease. If done correctly, intermittent fasting can also lead to better sleep and lots of energy.
So far, research overwhelmingly supports this notion that ditching the “three square meals a day with snacks in between” approach in favor of intermittent fasting may do wonders for your health. This type of scheduled eating was practiced by our ancestors, and fasting has been a part of most religious practices throughout the world. There must be a reason!
Just by Changing the TIME I eat, will I see Benefits?
Eating between 11 AM and 7 PM is a typical Intermittent Fasting schedule where you adjust your normal daily eating period to an 8 hour-long window of time without cutting calories. You can adjust that time to fit your own personal schedule.
Benefits of Fasting include the following:
- Helps promote Insulin Sensitivity – Optimal insulin sensitivity is crucial for your health, as insulin resistance or poor insulin sensitivity contributes to nearly all chronic diseases. It is actually too much insulin floating throughout the body that causes weight gain, hormonal imbalances, diabetes, high blood pressure, and speeds up aging.
- Normalizes ghrelin levels, also known as your “hunger hormone.”
- Increases the rate of HGH production, which slows the aging process.
- Lowers triglyceride levels and the risk of Heart Disease.
- Helps suppress inflammation and fight free radical damage.
- Retains Muscle Mass while burning fat.
- Reverses Diabetes quickly.
- Switches your body into Fat burning mode, especially with the help of KETO.
Insulin: The Game Changer
We are constantly told that we need to eat continuously to keep our blood sugar stable so we don’t “bonk.” Well, we actually need to focus not on blood sugar but on INSULIN. When insulin is present, and it is only released when you eat food (mostly sugar and carbs), your body stores fat. When Insulin is not present, you burn fat. Simple equation.
When you eat sugar, canadian pharmacy meds gluten, carbs, you release the most amount of insulin. When you eat protein, you release less. When you eat fat, you release the least amount. When you fast, you don’t release any. The body doesn’t store fat when insulin is not released. Therefore…You don’t store fat when you are either not eating or eating mostly fat and in a “ketogenic state.”
If you take two people, feed them the same amount of food, and inject one person with insulin, that person would gain fat and the other wouldn’t. This simple truth makes you realize that Type II Diabetes is a disease of Insulin Resistance, not a disease of Blood Sugar.
But There is NO WAY I can not eat every few hours!
For some of us, it is hard to fathom switching to Intermittent Fasting…We get headaches, energy bonks, and we can’t move forward without a snack… KETO changes that and makes it easy! Not only does it quickly flip you into that Ketosis state- bypassing any feeling of sluggishness or headaches from low blood sugar, but also you can use it as your breakfast, it stabilizes your blood sugar, gives you a steady stream of great energy, suppresses your appetite, and most importantly, helps reset your INSULIN SENSITIVITY. Once Insulin Sensitivity is reset, the domino effect of health benefits begin! Hormonal balance, weight loss, physical and brain energy improve, gut and digestion improve, skin and allergy issues subside….
Sample Fasting Schedule:
- Wake up and have your coffee or tea if you usually do.
- When you get hungry, make your KETO and Oxylent Shake. I like it over crushed ice. This is your fasting Breakfast.
- Eat your first meal between 11am-2pm — but not until you are hungry.
- If you need a snack, reach for nuts, healthy fats, protein, veggies.
- Have a low carb dinner, but saturated fats are fine!
- Don’t eat past 7-8pm
- If you have trouble sleeping, try a half dose of KETO an hour before bedtime.
What NOT To Do:
- Make sure you avoid the wrong calories, including refined carbohydrates, sugar/fructose, and grains. Your body will quickly become depleted of vitamins and minerals. You need to eliminate refined carbohydrates like pizza, bread, and potatoes. Fill your diet with green vegetables, healthy protein, and healthy fats such as butter, eggs, avocado, coconut oil, olive oil, and raw nuts, and of course, KETO.
- Don’t try this if you have TYPE I Diabetes or pregnant without the care of your physician.
Finding out what schedule works for you may take some trials and errors. I am always available to come up with a game plan that fits YOUR PERSONAL Lifestyle.